Sunday, May 16, 2010

September 11, 2001 - Chapter 31

When you think of September 11, 2001, what do you think of? I think of 9/11, plane crashes, terrorists, fire, and the word tragedy. I can remember what I was doing that day. I was in fifth grade and it was just a regular day for me. The whole school heard nothing of it until 3:15 when we heard the afternoon announcements. The principle came on and said "This morning, at 9:00 a.m., there was an attack on the World Trade Centers." The rest of his speech I can't remember, but I remember thinking to myself, what does this mean? I also remember walking home and all of my friends were saying what if we got attacked by terrorists on our way home? and I was just like what is a terrorist? I was completely blind to the world around me. I remember coming home from school and asking my mom all theses questions and then I asked where do we go from here? she just said that we'll probably find out who attacked us, and the go to war with whoever started it. Unfortunately, my mom is almost always right. This day will always go through history as a day of tragedy for the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment