Monday, March 29, 2010

Trench Foot - Chapter 27

As my teacher Ms. Mazzante (Maz) was talking in class about trenches and how they armies would have their trenches about 100 yards away from each other then have a big open space between them was called "No Mans Land" she showed our class a picture. This picture shows a soldier with trench foot. Maz explained that the soldiers would live in these trenches for months on end. With trenches being damp and unsanitary, it caused a build up of bacteria on the soldiers feet. The bacteria would mutilate soldiers feet and it caused toes to deform and become mishapen, skin fell off exposing bone, and toe nails would sometimes become black.
If I was to ever lose my feet due to trench foot, I would be very upset. Since I play soccer, I need my feet and I would very much appreciate having my feet. I think that trench foot is very disgusting and unfortunate. I think that trench foot could be considered another warfare tactic. An army could make the enemy set up trenches, then have them stay in there for months on end so that some of the soldiers could get trench foot. While the enemy has trench foot you could some how get in the enemy's trench because with trench foot the enemy wouldn't be able to move at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment